- "Enter, Night is so rich and assured it's hard to believe it's Michael Rowe's first novel...it skillfully brings to mind the classic works of Stephen King and Robert McCammon. But the novel's breathtaking, wholly unexpected and surprisingly moving conclusion heralds the arrival of a major new talent. Michael Rowe is now on my must-read list."
New York Times bestselling author of A Density of Souls and The Moonlit Earth
- "A dark masterpiece that virtually burns the pages with a bloody incandescence...Enter, Night will seduce you with its dark lyricism and richly tapestried storyline and then it will gut you with its unrelenting horror. Michael Rowe has written a vampire novel for the ages, one that readers will not soon forget. Remember when you first read Stephen King's Salem's Lot? Prepare for a similar experience."
PAUL GOAT ALLEN
- "With Enter, Night, Michael Rowe does the near impossible and rescues the modern vampire novel from its current state of mediocrity with his dead-on portrayal of the gothic small town, rich characters and deeply frightening story. This is a novel by a writer to watch, starting now. Read Enter, Night. With the lights on."
Bestselling author of A Dry Spell, The Dwelling, and The Thirteen
- "Enter, Night is far and away the best vampire novel I've read in a good while, certainly since Let The Right One In. It's one of the best, too. It knows exactly what it's doing."
STEPHEN GRAHAM JONES
Author of Demon Theory
- "These are vampires played straight, and set loose on a cast of uncommonly multi-dimensional characters...Enter, Night is fantastic."
THE CANADIAN SCIENCE FICTION REVIEW
- "I have no doubt that [Enter, Night] will be pointed to and referenced as one of the all-time greats."
- "[An] outstanding first novel...terrific."
- "An amazing page-turner of a novel...gripping and gruesome."
PAUL BELLINI in Fab
- "[Michael Rowe] has written the vampire novel that I have been waiting for. There is no sparkle in his vampires. They are monstrous...They are Evil with a capital E."
DAVID NICKLE in The Devil's Exercise Yard
- "Enter, Night, brings it back to the Bram Stoker and Stephen King days."
JUSTINE LEWCOWICZ for Bookends
- "Enter, Night isn't just a great vampire tale, it's a compelling exploration of family, religion (there's some great commentary about the Jesuits that 'civilized' large swaths of Canada), and history written with beauty and intelligence. I can't recommend it enough."
ADAM CESARE, writing in Brain-Tremors.com
- "Richly textured and filled with complex, convincing personalities, as well as being a truly frightening read, Enter, Night is a chilling foray into the emotional, sexual, and ideological horrors we create for one another."
THE 2012 SUNBURST AWARDS JURY ON ENTER, NIGHT
- "Rowe manages to do what so many others writing 'vampire fiction' fail to...he creates an astoundingly creepy, violent, atmospheric and frightening novel that not only pays homage to the literary and cinematic past, but also manages to restore the vampire to his former and deserving glory. Highly, highly recommended."
PAUL G. BENS, writing in Haole Reads
- "Deliciously old-school, Michael Rowe's debut pays tribe to Marv Wolfman's Tomb of Dracula comics. Tightly-paced and full of lovable, terribly imperiled characters and gloomy, Gothic atmosphere, the story builds to a crescendo, before letting loose a kick-to-the-heart finale."
- "Like every great writer toiling within terror, Rowe pays attention to people first, making sure we care about them, known them inside and out and understand their pasts and motivations... Think Stephen King's Salem's Lot with a dash of Steve Niles's 30 Days of Night...Rowe is a master teller of tales, and his strength lies in the practical beauty of his words. Hugely recommended."